Get Creative and express yourself through one of the following mediums:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g. supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)?
- What/Who was your inspiration?
By entering, you may win awards and prizes as determined by our local PTA. Deadline for this contest is January 23rd. Please, submit completed art and registration forms to Pam Holloway, 1st grade teacher at West Central Hartford Elementary or the Art Instructor assigned to your building; Brenda Sosa, K-2 Art Teacher at WC Hartford Elementary, Jo McCarthy at WC Humboldt Elementary, and David Tuch at WC High School and Middle School. Registration forms may be picked up from each building or print the registration form by clicking here. For more information and examples of previous art submissions, visit the National PTA Reflections website.